Buying or selling a property is one of the most significant financial decisions you will make. It can be a stressful process, but it can also be rewarding, especially if you choose the right realtor. Here are a few things you should look for:
• Trustworthiness: You want someone you can trust and who will give you straight answers.
• Professional: Don’t settle on this trait. Your realtor is your representative in a major transaction and you don’t want to deal with someone who is not professional or friendly.
• List-to-sales Ratio: How good are they at closing deals? Do their properties languish on the market or do they outplay their competition?
• Personality Fit: You should find someone whose style matches and complements your own. You’ll spend a great deal of time with them, after all.
• Efficiency: Do they get what they need to done quickly and on time? Don’t work with someone who doesn’t.
• Detail-Oriented: You want someone with an eagle eye for detail. Can they spot any potential problems in the disclosures? Can they see the potential of a property? Will they spot the obstacles for you?
• Knowledgeable: Neighborhoods and areas are different and a good realtor knows the market they are working inside and out.
Interview a few different realtors, tell them what you are looking for in a realtor, and choose the one who feels right, whether you are buying or selling.